won't provide us with their erratum so we have to make our own. Feel
free to contribute. Please list lesson file date - make sure it isn't
the download date- byte count - time to the second.
- lesson 10 (2013-06-18 18439382 bytes)
- Pimsluer tells us to use the familiar until instructed to do otherwise – then drops in su hijos where is should be tu (Pimsluer email response - "We forwarded your inquiry to the program developers and were advised that you are correct." )
- Lesson 12 (2013-06-18 18439382 bytes)
- There is a place where he clearly says un idea - should be una idea
- Lesson 21 (2013-06-18 18478565 bytes)
- In the conversation in the beginning there is a word - mispronounced or perhaps a name - that comes after daughter -
- At 10:15 Wrongly says that hace means ago. To say hace dos años actually means it makes two years. Better to understand the idiom rather to add a meaning that could lead to misuse.
- Lesson 22 (2013-06-18 18485357 bytes)
- Lesson 25 (2013-06-18 18421357 bytes)
- At 16:15 - un idea should be una idea
- Lesson 27 (2013-06-18 18473080 bytes)
- At 6:15 - We are introduced to the verb
llover - and tell us that raining = llueve which is actually it rains. The word lloviendo means raining
( the Gerund of llover) . We could call this 'pulling-the-wool', but it
is best to learn things correctly the first time and a slight change to
the cue would have made thing correct. This cue error in verb form
continues in the next several lessons.
- At 20:00 he says un when it should be una - slurs happen in normal speech - still wrong and not helpful to a student.
- Lesson 28 (2013-06-18 18470729 bytes)
- At 2:05 The cue is wrong - He says I'm reading a book should be I read a book The spanish for I read is leo - to say reading would be
- Unit 1
- At 20:40 says un empresa when it should be una.
- At 28:50 Cue ...travel a lot answer is ...mucho más which means much more. A lot would be just mucho.
- Unit 2
- They introduce is married as está casado. Yes both está and es are used - it varies, but está
is typically used when asking about a change in status. It could be
that the Pimsluer folks can't wrap their heads around the idea of a
permanent marriage. In the examples in this unit, they would have
taught better by using es and soy instead of está and estoy.
- Unit 3
- At 10:55 says un empresa when it should be una.
The lessons are shorter - about 10% shorter. 27 min instead of 30
- Unit 19 - the second pass of the the intro dialog is scrambled
- Unit 20
- at 0:30 Su habitación están en el segundo piso Should be está
- Unit 21 Should be una escalera mecánica
- at 8:10 Should be No traje un traje de baño. (to many drugs?)
- some missing tutiando cues.
24:40 going to visit - in the prompt should be going to go to visit.
This information may have errors; It is not permissible to be read by anyone who has ever met a lawyer.
Use is confined to Engineers with more than 370 course hours of electronic engineering for theoretical studies.
ph +1(785) 841-3089